Do you have a minimum of 5 years claim handling experience? Do you provide excellent customer service and enjoy building lasting relationships with clients? The position will service a variety of accounts and the option of flexible work arrangements are available for this role. Qualified candidates will have jurisdictional experience in one or more of the following states: IA, IL, IN, and NE.
- Receives, gathers and accurately transmits workers’ compensation information to the company, from communications with the insured, claimants, and internal staff in a timely manner.
- Investigates, evaluates, and resolves lost time Workers’ Compensation claims, including litigated claims.
- Mediates situations as they arise between the insured and the insurance company, to include researching coverage issues.
- Enters and maintains accurate information on a computer system during the claim process, to include final settlement information.
- Generates checks for indemnity and medical payments daily.
- Compiles and interprets Workers’ compensation reports on designated accounts, as requested.
- Participates in claim reviews and attending Risk Control Workshops when requested by agency partners or insureds. These could be in person or by phone.
- Ability to adjudicate lost time claims in multiple jurisdictions.
- Develops and monitors consistency in procedural matters of claims handling process within CRS.
- Willingness to become licensed if required in jurisdiction where claims are handled.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Jurisdictional expertise and required licensing as needed in the following states: IA, IL, IN, and NE.
- Knowledge of Workers’ Compensation insurance coverage and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Skillful knowledge of claims processing procedures.
- Ability to work with persons under adverse or highly emotional conditions.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability to work daily and extended hours, as necessary.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to act in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to learn various software programs.
- Education: High School education with college preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of five years claims experience with strong background in Workers’ Compensation claims handling.
In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Responsible Time Off
- Continuing Education
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave and New Parent Benefits
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible work arrangements
Pre-offer background check required.