Creative Risk Solutions is a progressive, fun, fast-paced Third-Party Claims Administrator. At CRS, our employees play to their strengths and contribute to who we are and want to be. If you think you have what it takes to join our team as a Senior Workers’ Compensation Claims Specialist - Supervisor, read on!
Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Provide high quality claims handling oversight and expertise for all CRS customers on litigated and complex claim situations.
- Assist team of direct reports with investigating, communicating, evaluating, and resolving claims utilizing the CRS Best Practices for Claim Handling.
- Lead and coach team with goal plans, career pathing, and ensuring engagement.
- Adjudicate claims during times where staff is short.
- Investigate claims and negotiate settlements when applicable, utilizing our “Best Practices for Claims.”
- Monitor and enter Supervisory Review of notes in claim files for maintaining accurate documentation of the progress of each file.
- Mediate situations as they arise between the insured and the insurance company, to include researching coverage issues and discussing large loss reporting and reserving.
- Meet with clients as needed to discuss specific complex claims
- Participate in claim reviews, attend Risk Control Workshops and make customer visits when requested by agency partner or insured. These could be in person or by phone.
- Maintain open and ongoing communication with our customers
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to, having:
- Extensive knowledge of Workers’ Compensation coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of job duties.
- Must be able to read and interpret reports from multiple sources to use to draw trend conclusions on performance of both internal staff as well as vendor partners. This data should be used to affect real change as needed.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment.
- Ability to type and use a personal computer utilizing various software packages including but not limited to the CRS claim system and other related software packages.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various insured’s, agency advocates, fronting carriers and other outside customers.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment to attain CRS goals.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability to work daily and extended hours as necessary.
- Extensive knowledge or ability to learn multiple state insurance regulations.
- Ability to pass state licensing exams as needed.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent required, college degree preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience workers’ compensation claims, including litigated claims. Prior agency or carrier experience preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience helpful.
Finally, ask yourself this, “Am I a difference maker?” If you answered yes and you think you have what it takes to be a Sr. Workers Compensation Claims Supervisor at CRS, apply today!
Pre-offer background check required.