Here’s just a bit of what you’d do:
- Confirm coverage for commercial auto and commercial general liability claims.
- Adjudication of claims. Investigate bodily injury/liability claims and negotiate settlements when applicable, utilizing our “Best Practices for Claims.” Enter and maintain accurate loss information on a computer system during the claim process.
- Set and maintain accurate reserves within reserve authority. Negotiate and process interim and final settlements, within settlement authority.
- Research information for responding to questions and complaints posed by our insured’s, claimants, agency partners and fronting carriers.
- Participate in claim reviews and attending Risk Control Workshops when requested by agency partners or insured’s. These could be in person or by phone.
- Maintain open and ongoing communication with our customers as noted in the “CRS Communication Expectations’ guidelines.
- Identify and pursue subrogation when applicable. Identify and report fraud when applicable.
- Monitor and control claims in litigation, utilizing our “Litigation Management” guidelines. Ensure suits are answered timely by counsel and the best interests of our insured’s and fronting carriers are protected.
- Help train and mentor Claims Specialist I and II positions. Take part in company committees to help the management team develop new standards when warranted.
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills and abilities to do the job, including, but not limited to, having:
- Extensive knowledge of both general and auto liability coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of job duties.
- Extensive experience in Commercial General Liability property damage and bodily injury claims.
- Extensive experience with contracts and Commercial litigation.
- Skillful knowledge of the claims processing procedures and ability to utilize this procedure.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment.
- Ability to type and use a personal computer utilizing various software packages.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various insured’s, agency advocates, fronting carriers and other outside customers.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment to attain CRS goals.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability to work daily and extended hours as necessary.
- Extensive knowledge or ability to learn multiple state insurance regulations. Ability to pass state licensing exams as needed.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent with some college preferred.
- Technical designations encouraged, such as AIC and CPCU.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the liability claims field with prior agency involvement preferred.
Finally, ask yourself this, “Am I a difference maker?” If you answered yes and you think you have what it takes to be a Liability Claims Specialist III at Creative Risk Solutions, apply today!
Pre-offer background check required.