Workers' Compensation Claims Specialist III - Midwest
- Receives, gathers and accurately transmits workers’ compensation information to the company, from communications with the insured, claimants, and internal staff in a timely manner.
- Investigates, evaluates, and resolves lost time Workers’ Compensation claims, including litigated claims.
- Mediates situations as they arise between the insured and the insurance company, to include researching coverage issues.
- Enters and maintains accurate information on a computer system during the claim process, to include final settlement information.
- Generates checks for indemnity and medical payments daily.
- Compiles and interprets Workers’ compensation reports on designated accounts, as requested.
- Participates in claim reviews when requested by agency partners or insured’s. These could be in person or by phone.
- Ability to adjudicate lost time claims in IL and IN jurisdictions claims.
- Develops and monitors consistency in procedural matters of claims handling process within CRS.
- Willingness to become licensed if required in jurisdiction where claims are handled, preferably Illinois and Indiana.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Workers’ Compensation insurance coverage and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Skillful knowledge of claims processing procedures.
- Ability to work with persons under adverse or highly emotional conditions.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability to work daily and extended hours, as necessary.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to act in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to learn various software programs.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent required, college degree preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience workers’ compensation claims, including litigated claims. Prior agency or carrier experience preferred.
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be a Workers’ Compensation Claims Specialist for Creative Risk Solutions, apply today!
Pre-offer background check required.