Liability Claims Specialist II
- Confirm coverage for commercial auto and commercial general liability claims.
- Adjudication of claims. Investigate bodily injury/liability claims and negotiate settlements when applicable, utilizing our “Best Practices for Claims.” Enter and maintain accurate loss information on a computer system during the claim process.
- Set and maintain accurate reserves within reserve authority. Negotiate and process interim and final settlements, within settlement authority.
- Research information for responding to questions and complaints posed by our insured’s, claimants, agency partners and fronting carriers.
- Participate in claim reviews and attending Risk Control Workshops when requested by agency partners or insured’s. These could be in person or by phone.
- Maintain open and ongoing communication with our customers as noted in the “CRS Communication Expectations’ guidelines.
- Identify and pursue subrogation when applicable. Identify and report fraud when applicable.
- Monitor and control claims in litigation, utilizing our “Litigation Management” guidelines. Ensure suits are answered timely by counsel and the best interests of our insured’s and fronting carriers are protected.
- Help train and mentor Claims Specialist I position. Take part in company committees to help the management team develop new standards when warranted.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of both general and auto liability coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of job duties.
- Skillful knowledge of the claims processing procedures and ability to utilize this procedure.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment.
- Ability to type and use a personal computer utilizing various software packages including but not limited to Riskmaster and other related software packages.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various insured’s, agency advocates, fronting carriers and other outside customers.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment to attain CRS goals.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability to work daily and extended hours as necessary.
- Extensive knowledge or ability to learn multiple state insurance regulations. Ability to pass state licensing exams as needed.
- High School education with some college preferred. Technical designations encouraged, such as AIC and CPCU.
- 3 to 4 years of adjusting property and casualty claims. Prior agency involvement preferred.
- Responsible Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be a Liability Claims Specialist at Creative Risk Solutions, please apply today!