If you enjoy providing excellent customer service and have at least five years’ experience adjudicating workers’ compensation claims, this could be a fit for you! Do you desire to lead and share knowledge with other claims specialists on the team? The person in this position will service self-insured accounts and will telecommute for this role. Qualified candidates will have jurisdictional experience in one or more of the following states: AL, AR, GA, LA, MS, TX.
- Receives, gathers and accurately transmits workers’ compensation information to the company, from communications with the insured, claimants, and internal staff in a timely manner.
- Investigates, evaluates, and resolves lost time Workers’ Compensation claims, including litigated claims.
- Mediates situations as they arise between the insured and the insurance company, to include researching coverage issues.
- Enters and maintains accurate information on a computer system during the claim process, to include final settlement information.
- Generates checks for indemnity and medical payments daily.
- Compiles and interprets Workers’ compensation reports on designated accounts, as requested.
- Participates in claim reviews when requested by agency partners or insured’s. These could be in person or by phone.
- Ability to adjudicate lost time claims in multiple jurisdictions.
- Develops and monitors consistency in procedural matters of claims handling process within CRS.
- Willingness to become licensed if required in jurisdiction where claims are handled.
And, let’s not forget the qualifications for the job:
- Minimum of five year’s claim experience with strong background in Workers’ Compensation claim handling.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent required, college degree preferred.
- Jurisdictional expertise and required licensing as needed in one or more of the following states: AL AR GA LA MS TX.
- Knowledge of workers’ compensation insurance coverage and the ability to apply knowledge in the performance of the job duties.
- Skillful knowledge of claims processing procedures.
- Ability to work with persons under adverse or highly emotional conditions.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Willingness to pursue industry-related education.
- Ability to work core business hours Monday – Friday and willingness to work extended hours, as necessary.
In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Responsible Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- 401k Profit Sharing
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
If you’re ready for a new and exciting opportunity to work for an amazing company and you think you have what it takes to be a Workers’ Compensation Claims Specialist for Creative Risk Solutions, apply today!
Pre-offer background check required.