We are looking to add a Liability Claims Specialist to join our Creative Risk Solutions team. Preference to candidates who are located near one of our offices but open to candidates sitting in other locations based on experience. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
This role will provide high quality claims handling and expertise for all CRS customers. This includes investigating, communicating, evaluating, and resolving auto and general liability claims utilizing the CRS Best Practice of Claim Handling. This may include litigated files.
Here is a bit of what you would do:
- Confirm coverage for commercial auto and commercial general liability claims.
- Adjudication of claims. Investigate bodily injury/liability claims and negotiate settlements when applicable, utilizing our “Best Practices for Claims.” Enter and maintain accurate loss information on a computer system during the claim process.
- Set and maintain accurate reserves within reserve authority. Negotiate and process interim and final settlements, within settlement authority.
- Research information for responding to questions and complaints posed by our insured’s, claimants, agency partners and fronting carriers.
- Participate in claim reviews and attending Risk Control Workshops when requested by agency partners or insureds. These could be in person or by phone.
- Maintain open and ongoing communication with our customers as noted in the “CRS Communication Expectations’ guidelines.
- Identify and pursue subrogation when applicable. Identify and report fraud when applicable.
- Monitor and control claims in litigation, utilizing our “Litigation Management” guidelines. Ensure suits are answered timely by counsel and the best interests of our insureds and fronting carriers are protected.
- Help train and mentor Liability Claims Specialist I and II positions. Take part in company committees to help the management team develop new standards when warranted.
You’d also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the job, including but no limited to:
- Extensive knowledge of both general and auto liability coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of job duties.
- Skillful knowledge of the claims processing procedures and ability to utilize this procedure.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment.
- Ability to type and use a personal computer utilizing various software packages including but not limited to Riskmaster and other related software packages.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various insureds, agency advocates, fronting carriers and other outside customers.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment to attain CRS goals.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Extensive knowledge or ability to learn multiple state insurance regulations. Ability to pass state licensing exams as needed.
- Education: High School education with some college preferred. Technical designations encouraged, such as AIC and CPCU.
- Experience: 5 to 7 years of adjusting property and casualty claims. Prior agency involvement preferred.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, we make a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, we will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — We encourage you to make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — we are committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Pre-offer background check required.