Do you thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous, highly collaborative environment? We are seeking a knowledgeable and dependable Data Engineer to join our team in Waukee, IA or remotely. Our ideal candidate will have experience building and maintaining ETL dataflows, experience with a variety of data sources, and have an innovative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, and a love of learning.
This role will support Creative Risk Solutions' overall company vision, mission and strategy by executing tactical plans to build and mature our data strategy.
Here is a bit of what you would do:
Works closely with CRS Leaders, Sr. ETL Developer and CRS Data Team to:
- Builds, tests, and maintains ETL flows to support data movement into and out of the claim management system and supports CRS data in the enterprise data lake.
- Create, maintain, and optimize queries, views, stored procedures, and functions that support data movement.
- Provides operational support for the scheduled jobs including monitoring, performance tuning and debugging of data movement flows utilizing automation whenever possible.
- Works with the CRS data analysts and business stakeholders to ensure the quality and accuracy of the data. Assist with data cleansing through bulk changes or the development of a data strategy to address any data quality findings.
You'd also need to be equipped with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the job, including but not limited to:
- Experience building ETL dataflows. Alteryx or Azure Data Factory preferred
- Hands-on experience with a variety of data sources, structured and unstructured, such as delimited, fixed width, database, blob, etc.
- Experience with APIs and/or RPA for the collection of third-party data preferred. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Experience with cloud data storage, Snowflake and/or Azure preferred.
- Knowledge of Insurance Industry preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous, highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Communication skills required. Must be able to effectively communicate within the CRS business and technical teams.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment.
- Education: Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a science, technology or engineering, or math related, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: At least two years of work-related experience. Knowledge of property casualty insurance preferred but not required.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, we make a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, we will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — We encourage you to make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — we are committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Pre-offer background check required.