We are looking to add a Subrogation Specialist to join our CRS Team! Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning. This role will serve as the recovery coordinator for all aspects of the subrogation and salvage process as it pertains to our third-party claim handling.
Work closely with Leaders and Business Partners to:
- Identify subrogation and salvage opportunities on submitted and paid automobile, workers' compensation and general liability claims.
- Coordinate the subrogation efforts against at fault parties and their insurance carriers.
- Submit arbitration applications in order to collect from at fault parties and respond to arbitrations defending our insureds, counterclaiming, when appropriate.
- Coordinate with collection agencies and attorneys when applicable.
- Obtaining proper salvage documents and monitoring the salvage process on insured and claimant total loss claims.
- Communicating collection options with our member insureds.
- Confirm coverage for commercial auto and commercial general liability claims.
- Adjudication of claims. Investigate bodily injury/liability claims and negotiate settlements when applicable, utilizing our “Best Practices for Claims.” Enter and maintain accurate loss information on a computer system during the claim process.
- Set and maintain accurate reserves within reserve authority. Negotiate and process interim and final settlements, within settlement authority.
- Research information for responding to questions and complaints posed by our insureds, claimants, agency partners and fronting carriers.
- Participate in claim reviews and attend Risk Control Workshops when requested by agency partners or insureds. These could be in person or by phone.
- Maintain open and ongoing communication with our customers as noted in the 'CRS Communication Expectations’ guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of insurance claim handling and the collection and salvage process.
- Experience in submitting as applicant and respondent in the Arbitration Forums hub.
- Experience in the salvage process with the majority of our dealing with CoPart Auto Auctions.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and using independent judgment.
- Ability to type and use a personal computer utilizing various software packages including the learning of our inhouse claim system, Maverick.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various insureds, agency advocates, fronting carriers and other outside customers.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment to attain CRS goals.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability to work daily and extended hours as necessary.
- Extensive knowledge or ability to learn multiple state insurance regulations. Ability to pass state licensing exams as needed.
- Experience building processes and/or procedures to ensure compliance within state guidelines.
- Education: High School education with some college preferred. Technical designations encouraged, such as AIC and CPCU.
- Experience: 3 to 4 years of adjusting property and casualty claims including extensive experience in the subrogation and salvage arenas. Prior agency involvement preferred.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, we make a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, we will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules — We truly want to know what works for you as we look to support your unique and full potential.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our foundation, we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — we are committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Pre-offer background check required.