We are looking to add a Workers’ Compensation Claims Supervisor to join our Creative Risk Solutions team in Waukee, IA. Candidates thrive in our environment when they harness their collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a love of learning.
- Provide high quality claims handling oversight and expertise for all CRS customers on litigated and complex claim situations.
- Assist team of direct reports with investigating, communicating, evaluating, and resolving claims utilizing the CRS Best Practice of Claim Handling.
- Lead and coach team with goal plans, career pathing, and ensuring engagement.
- Adjudicate claims during times where staff is short.
- Investigate claims and negotiate settlements when applicable, utilizing our “Best Practices for Claims.”
- Monitor and enter Supervisory Review of notes in claim files for maintaining accurate documentation of the progress of each file.
- Mediate situations as they arise between the insured and the insurance company, to include researching coverage issues and discussing large loss reporting and reserving.
- Meet with clients as needed to discuss specific complex claims
- Participate in claim reviews, attend Risk Control Workshops and make customer visits when requested by agency partner or insured. These could be in person or by phone.
- Maintain open and ongoing communication with our customers
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of Workers’ Compensation coverages and the ability to apply that knowledge in the performance of job duties.
- Must be able to read and interpret reports from multiple sources to use to draw trend conclusions on performance of both internal staff as well as vendor partners. This data should be used to affect real change as needed.
- Capable of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment.
- Ability to type and use a personal computer utilizing various software packages including but not limited to the CRS claim system and other related software packages.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply these skills in either verbal or written form when interacting with various insured’s, agency advocates, fronting carriers and other outside customers.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team environment to attain CRS goals.
- Ability to perform simple to complex mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks/duties simultaneously.
- Ability to work daily and extended hours as necessary.
- Extensive knowledge or ability to learn multiple state insurance regulations.
- Ability to pass state licensing exams as needed.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent required, college degree preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience workers’ compensation claims, including litigated claims. Prior agency or carrier experience preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience helpful.
Benefits: In addition to core benefits like health, dental and vision, also enjoy benefits such as:
- Paid Parental Leave and supportive New Parent Benefits — We know being a working parent is hard, and we want to support our employees in this journey!
- Company paid continuing Education & Tuition Reimbursement — We support those who want to develop and grow.
- 401k Profit Sharing — Each year, we make a lump sum contribution to every full-time employee’s 401k. This means, even if you’re not in a position to set money aside for the future at any point in time, Holmes Murphy will do it on your behalf! We are forward-thinking and want to be sure your future is cared for.
- Generous time off practices in addition to paid holidays — Yes, we actually encourage employees to use their time off, and they do. After all, you can’t be at your best for our clients if you’re not at your best for yourself first.
- Supportive of community efforts with paid Volunteer time off and employee matching gifts to charities that are important to you — Through our foundation we offer several vehicles where you can make an impact and care for those around you.
- DE&I programs — we are committed to celebrating every employee’s unique diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) experience with us. Not only do we offer all employees a paid Diversity Day time off option, but we also have a Chief Diversity Officer on hand, as well as a DE&I project team, committee, and interest group. You will have the opportunity to take part in those if you wish!
- Consistent merit increase and promotion opportunities — Annually, employees are reviewed for merit increases and promotion opportunities because we believe growth is important — not only with your financial wellbeing, but also your career wellbeing.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity — Yes, there is an annual opportunity to make more money. Who doesn’t love that?!
Pre-offer background check required.